What I Write



Click on Covers for Excerpts and More

12/03/2015

Success or Embarassment - What Do You Write About?

Even dragons can have a red face.

"If we write about our blunders, we’ll never run out of material!

It’s scary to do this sometimes. Anytime we post to our blogs, we open ourselves up to public critique. We are putting ourselves into the hands of friends and strangers and telling them, “I trust you with this piece of me.” Blogging is already a brave activity, without the addition of opening ourselves up to ridicule. Being candid and genuine is a far more impressive feat than putting forth the perfected version of ourselves."

The above quote is from a post titled, Boy, Is My Face Red. It contains considerations about us as writers sharing the part of ourselves that is not so glorious as our successes. 

Read  the full post at Boy, Is My Face Red  for one writer's take on the life's not-so-glorious moments. 

~Till next time, Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment