Join me at Bookstock 24. Meet and greet 60 local authors. Enjoy author talks and book signings, live music, choir performances, food trucks, face painting, and more. It promises to be a special time for the whole family, so we hope to see you all there!

Saturday, April 6, 2024 11a.m. – 3 p.m.
Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, Memphis TN)
For more information - https://buff.ly/3v1shPt

7/27/2018

If I won, I'd... #mfrwauthor


We're at week 30. Woooh hooo! Winning the lottery is not unbelievable in the abstract, even though I know it is far-fetched and will never happen. Lightning doesn't usually strike twice. And the first strike has already hit. Shortly after we moved into our house, neighbors two streets over won a multi-million dollar lottery payout.

Now if lightning did strike my house? How much largess is handed out depends on the size of the winnings. In reality, a million dollars doesn't go far these days. So for the purpose of this post, I'll assume the pot is more millions than I can spend in a lifetime--or two.

If I won the lottery I'd:

Pixabay Image. Used under creative commons license.
  • take my mother to Disney World and to the balloon festival in Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • create trusts to ensure the next generation can get a higher education
  • if health allowed, take husband on an inn-to-inn bicycling trip
  • take an extended vacation of Ireland, Scotland and Wales with a side trip of a river cruise through Germany
  • island hop through Hawaii
  • since money won't be an issue, I'd splurge for a photo session with the wolves at Lakota Wolf Preserve
Now for my writing, I'd buy all the hops, advertisements, and giveaways that I can't afford now. I'd need a lot of postage for when I start sending registration forms for a writers' conference in each state, and bonus ones in Canada and on a cruise.

Pixabay Image. Used under Creative Commons License.
For additional inspiration for the historical western I've yet to write, I'd go to the Calgary Stampede and take a horseback glamping (glamorous camping) trip.

There's quite a few more things I'd do, but I need to keep some dreams to myself. ~till next time Helen

PS - It's a hop. I'd love for you to visit the other posts.

4 comments:

  1. Great list! I've never known anyone that hit it big. At least that lets you know it's possible to win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I never met the couple who won, the were well-known in town. What I found interesting was how winning changed their lives.

      Delete
  2. I've got Disney World on my list too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at Disney World decades ago, long before most of the current attractions. With lottery money, I'd stay on site (not in a distant campground like last time). One thing I wouldn't do is the small world. That song gets in your head and won't leave. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

By posting a comment on this site, you agree with the site's Privacy Policy on how your data is stored and handled.