Join me at Bookstock 24. Meet and greet 60 local authors. Enjoy author talks and book signings, live music, choir performances, food trucks, face painting, and more. It promises to be a special time for the whole family, so we hope to see you all there!

Saturday, April 6, 2024 11a.m. – 3 p.m.
Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, Memphis TN)
For more information - https://buff.ly/3v1shPt

10/09/2020

Paper, Not Flakes #mfrwauthor




Welcome to Week 41 of the MFRW 52-week challenge. The topic is "Pre-Christmas Catalog Blizzard."


Now I admit I prefer wandering through stores rather than shopping online. While I am computer literate, I've encountered too many glitches when ordering by phone or online to really enjoy it. 

Image by flockine from Pixabay


Although the old Sears Wishbook doesn't arrive any more, t
here is still a blizzard. Not of white flakes piling up outside, but of brightly-colored catalogues in the mailbox.
I like opening the mailbox to see what unique and useful things I can find within the pages of the deluge of catalogues. And there is a sense of accomplishment when tossing any catalogues retained for reference from earlier in the year.

No matter by what method I shop, letting my fingers do the walking through catalogs is always fun.


~till next time, Helen






2 comments:

  1. Yes, Helen, I agree with you! Paging through the catalogs is fun. And you never know what you'll find that is the perfect gift for someone who is hard to buy for! I'll probably order on-line--I used to do my ordering using the phone, or by mail. But on-line is quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, I agree! I always find lots of things I have no need for but for which I lust. Luckily, this is one area I exercise control!

    ReplyDelete

By posting a comment on this site, you agree with the site's Privacy Policy on how your data is stored and handled.