Join me at Bookstock 24. Meet and greet 60 local authors. Enjoy author talks and book signings, live music, choir performances, food trucks, face painting, and more. It promises to be a special time for the whole family, so we hope to see you all there!

Saturday, April 6, 2024 11a.m. – 3 p.m.
Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, Memphis TN)
For more information - https://buff.ly/3v1shPt

12/04/2020

Diamond, Jewelry, or Food

 



Welcome to this week's post in the MFRW 52-week challenge. The topic is "What do you secretly wish for Christmas that you're pretty sure you won't get."

Let's see. Diamond jewelry, a new Dodge Caravan, steak or scallop dinners out every week. That's a good start.

Now back to the real world. Even before Covid hit, I didn't go out much. Especially places where you dressed to the nines. And with the swelling of my fingers this winter, the rings I already have no longer fit. So the answer is no diamond rings.

Next on the wish list a replacement for the 18-year-old, hand-me down car I'm driving. The model I drove for many years is no longer made so I would have to switch to the Chrysler "Grand." Disregarding the $$$, buying a car is not something my other half would do without consultation. The commercial of the new car in the driveway with a bow on it isn't something I can envision.

Which leaves eating out. The only two "seafood" restaurants where the fish is something other than catfish are about an hour away.  And with COVID we're not eating in the restaurant, so it would have to be takeout. Cold reheated steak, shrimp and scallops isn't my idea of a good time. Especially when you're paying top dollar for it. 


~till next time, happy holidays and may all your wishes come true. Helen


Be sure to see how the other authors answered the question. https://mfrw52week.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

By posting a comment on this site, you agree with the site's Privacy Policy on how your data is stored and handled.