Join me at Bookstock 24. Meet and greet 60 local authors. Enjoy author talks and book signings, live music, choir performances, food trucks, face painting, and more. It promises to be a special time for the whole family, so we hope to see you all there!

Saturday, April 6, 2024 11a.m. – 3 p.m.
Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, Memphis TN)
For more information - https://buff.ly/3v1shPt

4/28/2017

Out and Away - Dream Journeys #MFRWauthor

This week's official topic for the challenge is
"Five Places I'd Like To Visit."



Photo by ryano at Morguefile.com
1) Horseback camping (or glamping) trip under the Big Sky


2) The land of waterfalls, tropical forests and pristine beaches - Hawaii. Only if Pele grants permission.

3) As a lover of science fiction, a journey to the stars has to appear on the list. But that means two decisions:  destination and transport.

Photo by seriousfun at Morguefile.com




 


Transport first, and depending on availability, the command deck of the U.S.S. Enterprise with Jean Luc Picard in the center seat, Commander William T. Riker at his right, and sorry Deanna, I'm in the left seat; or as an alternative, the small, more intimate cockpit of the Millenium Falcon.



And now for the destination--the planet of Withym. I'd love to see the artifacts and the ancient temple they reside in. If you have never heard of Withym and its archaeological treasures, click on the cover in the sidebar and the FREE READS button.

Photo by Emily Roesly at Morguefile.com
4) and 5) Although we're supposed to write about five places, numbers 4 and 5 are combined because they didn't fit in just one. As a writer of fantasy, the genre makes the decision. The final journey on the list is to the British Isles to see the Emerald Isle, Wales, and the heart-home of my Scottish heritage.

Photo by Emily Roesly at Morguefile.com

Another reason to have Scotland, Ireland, and Wales, take up two slots. One is the land of today and the other ticket is reserved for a trip to a time long ago--the specific date to be determined.

Well, I'm off to book my trips. if any of the sites intrigues you, leave a comment. And be sure to consider some of the other places to visit selected by the other authors in the challenge.

~till next time, Helen





15 comments:

  1. Ahhh...a journey to the stars. I love that idea. Cool list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take lots of pictures. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A trip to the stars--the ultimate destination! I love it! Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like we're going to have to charter a starship. wonder if the Millenium Falcon is available for rent.

      Delete
  4. British Isles seems to be a popular destination choice. Sounds like a group trip might be in order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choices, Helen! I didn't even think to consider adding space. I was obviously thinking too concretely.

    Scotland is the country of my heart, too. My friend and I spent one day in the Highlands on a cruise and cried when out ship pulled out of Invergordon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering from a very young age I wanted to be a pilot and that I write science fiction, space just seemed a natural dream (albeit an unrealistic one.)

      Delete
  6. Right with you on the Starship Enterprise and the Millenium Falcon. I'd add Serenity to the list,just to see the crew dynamics,and Moya in Farscape to fly on a living ship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never saw Firefly but from what I hear it's a good choice.

      Delete
  7. I write SF, too -- so how could I forget about a trip to the stars?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that was a fun and unusual read! If it isn't cloudy, I spend my nights looking up (even in winter) and my imagination takes me there. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like from the comments we'll have to lift off from Scotland (or one of the out-islands) and charter the Enterprise. It has more space and better accommodations. Launch date , stardate???. Thanks everyone for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

By posting a comment on this site, you agree with the site's Privacy Policy on how your data is stored and handled.