Join me at Bookstock 24. Meet and greet 60 local authors. Enjoy author talks and book signings, live music, choir performances, food trucks, face painting, and more. It promises to be a special time for the whole family, so we hope to see you all there!

Saturday, April 6, 2024 11a.m. – 3 p.m.
Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, Memphis TN)
For more information - https://buff.ly/3v1shPt

7/07/2017

Beauty in the beholder's eye #MFRWauthor

First off, I'm not a world traveler. Vacations were camping in the woods alongside scenic rivers or with views of beautiful mountains. I've driven the northern route from California to New Jersey and up Mount Washington. Overseas excursions were a few day trips while living on the island of Luzon in the Philippines and a harrowing taxi ride in Tachikawa Japan.

So what wins the accolade as the most beautiful? Mountains, lakes, historical buildings or monuments? Maybe beaches or waterfalls? 


Waterfall, Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania
A hard disk crash put those photos temporarily out of reach. Before I announce the decision, let me say I've always had a touch of the romantic in me. So the most beautiful place I've been to is home.

It's not the building you live in 24-7, it is the home you return to after time away. I'm not talking about a physical beauty (as our old tin-roofed barn proves) but one the heart recognizes. And here's a selection of images of mine.





The old tin roof of the family homestead might be rusted and steel cables stop the wall's leaning, but the memories of dancing with cousins in the hayloft are priceless.



After 30 plus years of in-town living, a shaded yard (landscaping to follow) showcases natures beauty in a rare snowfall.



It's corny and cliche, but home is where the heart is.

~till next time be sure to visit the other posts in the challenge for other takes on places of beauty. ~till next time, Helen 

11 comments:

  1. Love this! I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and stopping by. The waterfall is near my inlaws mountain cabin. The other photos are of places I've been honored to call home.

      Delete
  3. Thanks everyone for the kind words and stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more. I am a homebody as well, but my home isn't as picturesque as yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess if you aren't living in a cookie-cutter subdivision, this could be true ;-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true. Beauty isn't necessarily far from home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, beauty is found in memories, the warmth of family connections, and home. Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. It is fun to get away, but there's nothing like returning home.

    ReplyDelete

By posting a comment on this site, you agree with the site's Privacy Policy on how your data is stored and handled.