Join me at Bookstock 24. Meet and greet 60 local authors. Enjoy author talks and book signings, live music, choir performances, food trucks, face painting, and more. It promises to be a special time for the whole family, so we hope to see you all there!

Saturday, April 6, 2024 11a.m. – 3 p.m.
Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, Memphis TN)
For more information - https://buff.ly/3v1shPt

11/30/2018

Holidays are special #mfrwauthor



We're at week 48 and the official topic is "favorite holiday food."

The answer to this question required looking back in time. There have been large clan gatherings and intimate holiday meals for two. Homecooked meals and ones where circumstances dictated picking up a pre-cooked meal at a local store. Glazed ham or turkey? Potato salad or jello salad? Decisions... decisions.

One answer was a dish I wrote about in last years challenge.
Lokse could be considered a holiday food as it was a special dish. Yet it could be disqualified as a holiday because it was made pretty much whenever my grandmother visited.

And my answer is "apple pie" and second choice is "shoe-fly pie." If you've followed the challenge you'll remember I don't particularly like to cook, I'd rather bake. And I love sweets.
Pixabay Image

There's just a few more posts in the challenge. Hope I make it. ~till next time, Helen

1 comment:

  1. Apple Pie is always a family favorite in my house. Great choice. I had to look back at your earlier post for Lokse. This week, I missed the cutoff for the Linky but posted anyway.

    ReplyDelete

By posting a comment on this site, you agree with the site's Privacy Policy on how your data is stored and handled.